Dinner for two...
Last night Chris and I enjoyed a candlelight dinner together at home. I can't remember the last time we have eaten dinner together with all the hours he has been putting in at work. I made garlic chicken, wild rice, and veggies. It was yummmmmy! When we got married it was the ongoing joke that I didn't like to cook and had no interest to learn, but I have really started to enjoy cooking for my husband. And I'm getting better at it too! No burnt dinners here!
Chris went off to work this morning at 5:30 am. Eww! I was pretty awake with all the commotion in the house while he got ready, now I know how he feels each morning when I'm getting ready. Poor guy! I managed to fall asleep for a few more hours and was then woken up by my cell and house phone ringing. It was my tax lady calling to tell me how much I owe. *cringe* I'm so glad I'm not contracting as much anymore, it just kills us come tax time. Next year will be much better. Well, I'm off to get a pedicure this afternoon. I haven't had one since Christmas and I am dying for some TLC to my feet! Chris is working this afternoon and then off to play baseball. They are calling for rain, but I'm really hoping it stays nice so I can go and watch. Tonight we are going out for dinner to Samba's Brazillian Steakhouse in Vancouver. It sounds like a fun place. Thanks for the suggestion Nicole!
On a good note, my grandma called this morning to let me know that my parents have found a place to rent in Courtney. This is good news and I am sure my Mom is very happy to have found a place to call "home," I know one puppy that is sure missing her.

Enjoy your weekend everybody!
Chris went off to work this morning at 5:30 am. Eww! I was pretty awake with all the commotion in the house while he got ready, now I know how he feels each morning when I'm getting ready. Poor guy! I managed to fall asleep for a few more hours and was then woken up by my cell and house phone ringing. It was my tax lady calling to tell me how much I owe. *cringe* I'm so glad I'm not contracting as much anymore, it just kills us come tax time. Next year will be much better. Well, I'm off to get a pedicure this afternoon. I haven't had one since Christmas and I am dying for some TLC to my feet! Chris is working this afternoon and then off to play baseball. They are calling for rain, but I'm really hoping it stays nice so I can go and watch. Tonight we are going out for dinner to Samba's Brazillian Steakhouse in Vancouver. It sounds like a fun place. Thanks for the suggestion Nicole!
On a good note, my grandma called this morning to let me know that my parents have found a place to rent in Courtney. This is good news and I am sure my Mom is very happy to have found a place to call "home," I know one puppy that is sure missing her.

Enjoy your weekend everybody!


7 Comments:
Katie! I, too, had to stop by and say hi! Congrats on your first year of marriage! I was reading your post and remembering candlelit dinners... they seem like eons ago!! Of course, since Noelle came, I'm not even sure what day it is. Hee hee!
Lana
Katie, I'm impressed...you sound like a great cook! Enjoy your dinner tonight - that restaurant sounds delicious. I'm so glad you have a blog for me to read :)
I hope you enjoy it. Try all the different types of meat. The way there cooked makes them taste really good. You might be surprised by the types of meat that come to the table. Its all you can eat. We enjoyed ourselves , it's quite the experience.
Hey Girls, Its so good to see you all stopping in to say hi. Nicole, I can't wait to experience this restaurant, I hope there is dancing!! That would be cool to see. Jana and Lana, I am so glad you both stopped in and posted a hello. It's neat to catch up with everyone.
hey katie!
found your blog through your comment on darla's...great to see you looking so happy! you are just as beautiful as ever...looking forward to more posts!
heidi (abrahams)
Hey Heidi! I'm so glad you stopped in. I checked out your blog too, it looks like you and your hubby are very happy. Sounds like your trip to Scotland was magical! Looking forward to reading more...
wow, its like an mei 98 reunion in here. how are you "other new for gr. 12 girl?" Neat to see you again.
Post a Comment
<< Home