Sunday, May 07, 2006

Bang. Chitty, Bang, Bang

So it's 7:30 am on Sunday morning. Why am I up this early when Chris and I were out late last night? There's only one reason for that. My landlord needs lessons in how to sweep her floor at 6am! This has been our ongoing problem as our bedroom is below their kitchen and each morning, at an unruly hour, she sweeps her floor and crashes and bangs her kitchen chairs, scraps the table across the laminate, and bangs into cupboards. It's not the soft smooth sound of sweeping that you would expect to hear, and mind you, that I could definatley live with and sleep through, its the CRASH BOOM BANG every single morning. Now on some occassions I have been able to fall back asleep, but its not so easy as this is usually followed by some load stomping from one end of the house to the other by at least one or two people. Talk about CHEAP insulation. Are they doing it on purpose? Of course I am sure they are when its 6:30 in the morning on a weekend, but really, I don't think they have a clue. While everything in me wants to yell or take a broom and bang the ceiling, I WILL NOT DO THAT! (although I am tempted!) It can be so very frustrating, but we really don't think they know what it sounds like from our end, maybe we are loud sometimes too? So I get up and take deep breaths and seize the day with a good morning to my husband.

I posted before that Chris and I were going out for dinner last night courtesy of Mr. Freybe himself. We wanted to go to Samba's as highly suggested by Nicole and Richard, but when we called they were all booked up for the whole nighit. We were so bummed out, but determined to go for dinner and enjoy ourselves. So we searched the internet for ideas and reviews on restaurants and found an amazing place called Stonegrill in False Creek. We tried to call to make reservations, not knowing if we would have the same problem at the next restaurant, but no answer. So we called a few more times, took a nap, and then got ready to go hoping it would all work out. When we arrived we were told the power had been out since 2pm and had just come on about 5 minutes before we walked in the door. Talk about good timing! The best seats in the house were available because of the guests they had to turn away! Hurray for us! We were seated by the window overlooking the water and with a view of Granville Island. It was amazing! We watched the taxi aquabus make trips back and forth and checked out the expensive boats parked at the marina. The food was served on a volcanic stone heated to 400C which cooks your food as you are eating. It was so tasty and definatley a nice treat that we could never afford. Just goes to show that hard work does pay off!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Catrina said...

hey I too can relate to others making lots of noise at all hours of the day. Being in an appartment we have neighbors on all sides of us. One of them yells at their kid a fair amount and the other side plays really loud music all hours of the day and night.

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home