Friday, July 21, 2006

Married for 1 Year!


(I missed posting this on our actual anniversary as we were away on holidays)

On July 9th Chris and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary. We woke up at my parents Cottage in the Woods and headed out to Tofino for three days. The drive was windy, but beautiful and the weather held out for us while we were there. It was fun, our first time camping together EVER in a tent. Last year we went in my grandparents camper, which was like Club Med compared to tenting it! But nonetheless, it was a really good time. We had fires at night, made smores, had champagne on the beach, watched the sunset and spent alot of great quality time together.

To my husband Chris, I think you're truly amazing! It's been awesome sharing these past twelve months with you as your wife. I remember when we were dating, we dreamed of being married one day and wondered how it could possibly happen. I look back now and know that when we decided to give it all to God, he blessed us with the support we needed to make it happen at the right time in both our lives. Watching you in the last year, grow as a man in Christ and in your role as a husband has been cool. We have both been stretched in our own ways, but it's been a joy to spend those days learning with you. I love the way you know just how to encourage and support me when I need it most. I appreciate the way you challenge me, love unconditionally, and gently guide me when I fall off the truck! (especially when I was juggling work, school and practicum for most of the past year) I am just totally in love with you. Thanks for making this year awesome and for celebrating our accomplishments with laughter and fun and our struggles with communication and love.

You're a true blessing from our Father in heaven and I can't wait to celebrate the next 60 years with you by my side.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

That is so sweet Katie. Isn't it great to be married to an awesome man of God, and one that loves you through anything and everything. What a great blessing we both have:)

6:00 PM  
Blogger Sherry (Mama Stew) said...

Kate - your words are amazing. It makes my heart sing to read the wonderful things you said about Chris. Thanks for sharing some of your anniversary holiday with us. We love being with you two and watching how you interact with each other. It is so awesome to see how happy you two are together. Love ya both. Momsey

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home