New member of the house.....
Our landlords brought home a German Shepard puppy about 2 weeks ago now. The first few days we started to wonder how long it would last. He peed upstairs the first night and they banished him to the foyer where there is tile. He started barkingThe first few days they kept asking me questions aftertime they saw me, "when will he stop chewing?" "why does he bark?" "when will he not pee in my house?" It was quite funny. I think they didn't know what to think of all the work this little guy was going to be. The first day back to work (Monday) the silly little dog barked and howled all day long. The sound echoed from the house and you could hear him up the street. I thought this dog was cute, but man, I was ready to give my notice and move out December 1st! I know that sounds harsh, but everytime the Dog heard my car pull in he was barking up a storm. "LET ME OUTTA HERE!" Not to mention the 5am wake up calls were not impressive! They got a puppy sitter for the next day to come over and visit a few times in the day and since then he has quieted down and does quite well when he is home alone.
The first week or so Chris and I were placing bets on how long we thought it would last. I must say that now a few weeks later, they have settled into a routine with him and he knows that when they leave him for the day and they really are coming back! He's very smart and follows closely to his owners and to me (even though I'm not the boss). I think hes adorable and the funnest part is getting to visit with him everyday and watch him grow. He especially loves to be chased around the hedges outside our front door and attempting to venture into our house when the door gets left open. Its hilarious to hear them telling him "Tommy, No" "Tommy stop." Remember that Mom??? Wait, you still have to do that! Chris and I just chuckle to ourselves and thank God that we don't have that responsibility.
He didn't have a name for the first few days, but they have finally decided on Tommy and I think its the perfect name.
Here he is before he decided he wanted to try and taste my camera:
The first week or so Chris and I were placing bets on how long we thought it would last. I must say that now a few weeks later, they have settled into a routine with him and he knows that when they leave him for the day and they really are coming back! He's very smart and follows closely to his owners and to me (even though I'm not the boss). I think hes adorable and the funnest part is getting to visit with him everyday and watch him grow. He especially loves to be chased around the hedges outside our front door and attempting to venture into our house when the door gets left open. Its hilarious to hear them telling him "Tommy, No" "Tommy stop." Remember that Mom??? Wait, you still have to do that! Chris and I just chuckle to ourselves and thank God that we don't have that responsibility.
He didn't have a name for the first few days, but they have finally decided on Tommy and I think its the perfect name.
Here he is before he decided he wanted to try and taste my camera:


3 Comments:
He is very cute... and yes I do still have to do that and that's why I chuckled to myself when you talked about wanting to have Jessie for a sleepover. lol
Just look at that face, isn't he cute:)
Hey Katie! I stunbled upon your "blog"! This is so cool! What a beautiful wedding picture! Congratulations! It sounds like you are enjoying life and having fun! I love you new haircut too! Don't you miss the curls?! Wow, you are working as a counsellor in Abbotsford! What church are you going to? Check out our Blog too.. I just started it today! Have a great day! :) Andrea Schierling
Post a Comment
<< Home