Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Beautiful October

I can't believe its already the end of October. It seems like only yesterday we were wearing shorts and sandals and now the time has come for winter jackets, scarfs, and toques. I realize its been a long time since I have posted, sorry to all our advid readers!!! (you know who you are!)

Many of you know that work has been busy for me. I am now the Program assistant for our Fraser Region (Chilliwack, Abbotsford and Mission) and in charge of placing staff with clients and overseeing their work. This is the part of the job I love the best. Building relationship with staff, organizing schedules, and supporting families.

This fall has been a busy one with new clients, new staff, and lots of changes at work. Some of them have been difficult to understand and hard to manage at times, but this is what it means to be apart of a learning organization. We truly are learning thats for sure!

I've been sad to hear that our regional manager is leaving in Mission and concerned about the extra work load this puts on me until we find a replacement. I hope the person is friendly and capable. It takes a certain individual to fit into that type of job.

We now have a 9week old German Shepard Puppy living in our house. Not with us, but upstairs. Hes the cutest thing ever and so fun to watch. It reminds me of when Jessie was younger and loved to play tug-o-war and be chased around. My how things have changed! She's still lots of fun though. Speaking of which, Jessie is coming for a visit on November 18 and will be here until the week of my birthday! I'm excited about this! I think now that my landlords have finally caved in and are pet owners, they just might let me have Jessie here for an overnight sleep. Mom, what do you think? Seeing Tommy everyday has made me miss her alot these days.

On the house front, our landlords are talking about moving to Mission and buying acreage. I feel a sense of peace about the whole thing, like I know God has a good home, with lots of space for us and reasonable rent too. So I'm praying that when the timing is right we will have a new home that will fit our needs and is within our budget. He knows what we need!

This past month I redecorated our bed in red and brown. I have been wanting to do it for awhile and I treated ourselves to new sheets and a warm blanket for the winter months. Its proven to give us great sleeps and comfy at night. Not to mention, we bought new pillows from Sears and scored a sweet deal!

I will post pictures later tonight.

Perhaps this just might be the start to more blogging!!

16 days until the Island.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sherry (Mama Stew) said...

Kate - can't wait to see your new bedroom and especially can't wait for you and Chris to come and visit. It was nice to hear that you miss Jessie... we will talk about that sleepover. Love ya Momsey

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home