Sunday, January 14, 2007

Lazy Sunday

What an enjoyable weekend! This is the first weekend in at least two years that I can honestly say I have been able to fully relax. Usually Sunday morning, I wake up regretting how quickly the weekend has flown by and the lack of rest I have had. The day is usually busy with church, running errands, and visiting family with us flying in the door sometime around dinner time. This morning was certainly a different morning. I think I can attribute that to more than one thing. Chris and I are now on the same work schedule, he works 8:00-4:30 and I am anywhere from a 8am start to 7pm finish depending on the day. This means we go to bed at a decent time and aren't so concerned with jamming our weekend full of fun because we know get to have fun during the week too!!! For the first time since we have been married, we actually went grocery shopping together on a weekday, for coffee, and have enjoyed many homemade dinners courtesy of my husband the chef! I think the other reason for my relaxation might be that we haven't done ANYTHING all weekend. Yesterday I took Brandon out for four hours, we went shopping in town and picked up some neccessites for home, but although its "work" it doesn't seem like work at all. It's nice to not be on a schedule or have the need to do 100 things in only two days! With Chris going onto day shift, we were unsure about how life would be, don't get me wrong...we were very excited, but at the same time we both enjoy our time to ourselves! Well, now after two weeks, I think we can honestly say its awesome! Chris still isn't much of a morning guy and it's taking some getting use to, but he is enjoying being home at night, to spend time together and catch up on all the hockey and football games he missed while working evenings.

Well, I think I will sign off for now. I will post recent pictures later this week. Mom: I'm still waiting for a post!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I'm a friend of Karen Fedrau's. (I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog.) I just wanted to say, enjoy your time together. I have three children which I love to pieces but sometimes it's nice to get a break. My husband and I try to go on a date at least once a week.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home