Saturday, February 10, 2007

New Blogger and an update on life in the Lamoureux household

Okay, so I finally made the switch over to the new blogger! *golf clap in the background* I have been putting it off for such a long time until the end of January when I eventually couldn't sign in anymore without making the switch. I haven't had the time to really figure out all the "perks" to this new way of blogging and I apologize for my lack of updates lately.

At the end of January, my Mom was in town for a week and my Dad flew over for the weekend. It was great to see them of course! Mom and I snuck in our traditional pedicures at Fateema's and a day of shopping, and lunch at Pub Vault in Chiliwack. The weather was gorgeous; warm, but brisk, and it was a perfect day for window shopping and a drive out to Chilliwack with Mt. Baker in the background. Since their move in the Spring, we have managed to still see each other once a month, with them coming over for a visit and us going to the island to see them.

Chris and I managed to squeeze in time that weekend for a nice dinner out together. We had wanted to get in on the Dine out Vancouver last year, but we were too late to make it to our restaurant of choice. So this year, Chris got online and made reservations for us at Samba's Brazilian Steakhouse. The food was fantastic and the entertainment was great; good music; good dancing. The only downside was that the place was packed so we didn't have as much privacy as we would have liked at our table.

I took this picture just before we left for the evening. Notice I'm back to my original hair colour and I am very happy with it~! I don't think I'll make any changes for a long time now.


Last weekend I met Nicole for breakfast at our usual DeDutch Panneokoek House in Langley. What a treat! I love the fact that we still keep in touch and we can encourage eachother in our faith. Not to mention she is married too! Now, now, thats not a 'diss' to my single sisters out there, you know I love you too, it's just a special blessing to have a Christian girlfriend who is married and who I can connect with. (Catrina, we can't wait for you next visit out. I often think of you and wonder how you are doing!)

Chris and I are still enjoying evening dinners and more time together. He nows sits at a desk and has his own office. I think he was hesitant to make it his own, but this week, he started to clean out the drawers and clear our some paperwork that was left by the person who had the office before him. I think thats a good sign! He sure seems to be enjoying his work lately and I am so proud of all his accomplishments. Chris is also taking a night course on Tuesday evenings to start his education in Basic Supply and Chain Management. He is very excited about furthering his knowledge in his workplace and sharing what he is learning with me. I think its great! This week we even sat down and reviewed his questions/homework and discussed them. It felt like I was back in school again. *Sigh* I do miss being in school, the only thing I don't miss is 10pm the night before a huge paper is due! NOT AT ALL! I think I will go back one day, just not yet!

(I would insert a picture of the two of us here, but I cant find one I like~! I'm being picky! I will post one soon!)

On Monday night this week, we headed off to Starbucks after dinner for a special drink and treat. On a weekday!!! Go figure! This week has been a bit stressful, some of you may know what has been going on. We have been thinking about possibly moving out of our place, but we aren't sure if we are up for a move anytime in the next month or too. We moved so much in the Spring and Summer, between my parents move, my grandparents downsizing, and acquiring furniture ourselves through everyone else's moves. We are also feeling this calling to love our landlords and to be patient in God's leading for us. We looked at a place this morning that I heard about through a co-worker; Christian landlords and in the Old Clayburn area of Abbotsford, but it isn't going to suit our needs. It has two bedrooms, but no living space or area to entertain friends, which is important to us. We will continue to pray and wait on God. If a move is the right thing for us, something will come our way.

Can you believe this beautiful weather we are having? As I write this, I have just come home from Valentine's Day shopping among other errands! I think I did good this year! (I''ll post more about it later because Chris might read this!) Chris is doing laundry and I'm about to rest for the afternoon. I have managed to come down with a slight fever and very, very sore throat. It's not surprising considering three of the children I work with were sick themselves all week with these same symptoms. I have managed to stay away from sickness so far, but it just might be my turn. Just gotta get those antibodies to kick into high gear (is that what you call them?)

I'm not sure what our plans are for the evening. The Knuckle-heads are playing, so we may just have a quiet evening in. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekends.

Toodles.

6 Comments:

Blogger Catrina said...

Hey, I can't wait to come out as well it'll be so nice to see you guys again, it has been too long. It's been almost 1 year since the last time. I hear about your nice weather, can you send some our way? :) Sorry that you are feeling under the weather, we are having some sickness going around our house as well. Should go, kids are in bed, relaxation time.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I totally enjoy our time together at our usual spot:)I feel so blessed to know you. You are a real special friend to me Katie. Hope you feel better soon:)

8:04 PM  
Blogger Schierlings said...

Hey Katie! Nice long update! I guess I should do the same! We have been battling the sore throats and runny noses too, hope you feel better. Happy Valentines Day! Andrea :)

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice weather? it's -35 today! yuck. i updated to the new blogger a couple weeks ago... and you know what? i don't like it. so i'm sorry, but i didn't do a golf clap... that's nice to hear that you and chris are getting more time to spend together! i'm looking forward to valentine's day... an evening to just kelvin and i! valentines is NOT overrated by any means...

9:13 PM  
Blogger L&D said...

Lookin' good in the pic. You are such a beautiful girl.

10:11 PM  
Blogger L&D said...

I'm updating my links list. I hope you are ok with me adding you to my endless list!!!!

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home