Tuesday

Today it was so sunny and beautiful out in Abbotsford. I love it when the sky is blue with little or no clouds, but the wind is slightly blowing, it's so peaceful! I worked from my office at home this morning, which was totally awesome. I got to see Chris once he woke up and we had breakfast together before we both headed off to work for the day. He got home somewhere after 2am from work and by then I of course was sleeping so it was nice to catch up and spend some time quality time together. I think all this overtime is getting to him a bit today, he was a bit discouraged when I talked to him from work tonight. He's such a trooper. This week marks a month of overtime and they are talking about doing another full inventory this weekend, YUCK! I saw one client today for two separate appointments, early afternoon and before dinner time, he was in a such a good mood. It's so fun when I show up for work and the kids are smiling and happy, sometimes this isn't the case depending on the day and their level of frustration about things such as not being able to communicate their needs or not cognitively being able to understand things that are happening around them and why. I really feel for them on those kinda days when everything seems a whole bunch tougher and they are struggling to understand what is happening around them. Of course it makes our time together a bit easier when they aren't frustrated, but also it makes learning alot more fun and less like "work." Afterall, how many other 21/2 to 6 year olds are expected to do 4 hours of intensive learning a day outside of just their regular play time?? This evening I went out to Langley and met my friend Kyleen. We hung out and went to Chapters, window shopped at a few fav stores, and then grabbed a frappucino from Starbucks before she caught the bus home to Burnaby. It was so awesome to catch up with her and to have some girl time. Usually we only get to talk on the phone, which is usually interrupted by both of our usual work situations. It was great to see you Kyleen! Before I go, I have to share this picture I just received through email. One of my clients Mom's sent this picture attached with a comment "Just wanting to say hi and let you know I miss you!" It put a huge smile on my face! I feel so blessed to work with such amazing families. Tomorrow I'm off to hang out with the Family Preservation staff from the Children's Foundation. I get to make my first Aboriginal Drum and I'm so stoked, however, Chris informed me that I have to give my first piece of art away. Does it count if I give it to him? I think in discussion with him and his grandmother, an elder of the band, it would be alright to do that! Well, thats a wrap for today.....I'm expecting my husband home early tonight and I can't wait to see him! I miss him so much!


3 Comments:
I'm so glad work is going well, even if you have bad days, I'm sure the easier ones make it that much more special. It's always nice to be able to get together with friends, I sure enjoyed getting together with you this past Mar/Apr.
...
Here's my advice concerning on giving away your first artwork.
When a person puts their effort into their artwork, there tends to be some sort of meaning regardless. We can recognize that meaning, or we can be delusional and not accept it. Regardless of the case, you've already made your decision ;)
Give it to Chris :)
PS: For myself, I feel like I'm an artist and whenever I see my artwork, I tend to have some sort of meaning that I put into my work regardless how bad or even how good they end up looking. Some would want to benefit via profit, by recognition and while this is important, so are the friends who motivates you. Give the art work with the most meaning to someone that motivates you :)
Good luck with your decision.
:):)
It was really nice to catch up and finally see you. We need to get together again soon!
Post a Comment
<< Home