The week at a glance
I had this great post going yesterday when all of a sudden my internet explorer decided to "have a serious error" and close on me. Silly thing!
Anyways, continuing on......
On Wednesday morning I got an urget phone call to come to a families house for a meeting with the School district, so off I ran out the door. Meanwhile I received a phone call from our head office, bugging me about paperwork and such. What a start to the day. Well, during this "urgent" phone call, I proceeded to speed through a school zone and not even realize what I had done. You got it, how do I know that???
Because about two minutes down the road I was pulled over. I NEVER SPEED IN SCHOOL ZONES!! Sheesh, I work with children who go to those schools, why on earth would I do that?? Wow, just goes to show that sometimes I am more focused on my work than was is really imporant....ie. speeding thru said school zone.
Well, as I handed the cop my information and he proceeded back to his car, I asked if I could quickly call my work and explain I was running late and his reply was (in a nasty tone) "Yah, and you can tell them you're going to jail too!!!"
I gasped and my heart started racing. What the heck was he talking about?!?!?! Oh my goodness. Okay, so the reality of that set in and then I was angry, how dare he say that to me and scare me? Who did he think he was? So, the lovely cop came back to my car with a blue ticket in his hand, handed it to me and said, "You're lucky, you would have had to pay $253 dollars, but I'm letting you off easy, this is a warning." I reply with "How fast was I going?" Because really there is no way I was going THAT fast and then I quickly realized that was not a smart move and shutup and kindly took the ticket and said " have a nice day"
Okay...so Mom and Dad, no "I told ya so's" or anything like that. I really don't speed like I did when I was 19 and 20, who said going 5 - 10 kms over the speed limit was a bad thing?!?!!?
So, with the scare of the other day, I have slowed down considerably and boy does my cruise control come in handy!
Tomorrow afternoon Chris and I are heading to watch the Lions play Saskatchewan! Today we went out and found a stellar deal at Winners for two plain bright orange shirts. We went everywhere and were very unlucky, who would have thought it woudl be that hard to find orange shirts anyways! We then proceeded to the mall to get sometheing put on these beautiful bright shirts.....I won't tell you what yet......but you'll like it!!!!!
More pictures to come later!
Hope you are all enjoying your weekend! Off to watch more Canucks!
Anyways, continuing on......
On Wednesday morning I got an urget phone call to come to a families house for a meeting with the School district, so off I ran out the door. Meanwhile I received a phone call from our head office, bugging me about paperwork and such. What a start to the day. Well, during this "urgent" phone call, I proceeded to speed through a school zone and not even realize what I had done. You got it, how do I know that???
Because about two minutes down the road I was pulled over. I NEVER SPEED IN SCHOOL ZONES!! Sheesh, I work with children who go to those schools, why on earth would I do that?? Wow, just goes to show that sometimes I am more focused on my work than was is really imporant....ie. speeding thru said school zone.
Well, as I handed the cop my information and he proceeded back to his car, I asked if I could quickly call my work and explain I was running late and his reply was (in a nasty tone) "Yah, and you can tell them you're going to jail too!!!"
I gasped and my heart started racing. What the heck was he talking about?!?!?! Oh my goodness. Okay, so the reality of that set in and then I was angry, how dare he say that to me and scare me? Who did he think he was? So, the lovely cop came back to my car with a blue ticket in his hand, handed it to me and said, "You're lucky, you would have had to pay $253 dollars, but I'm letting you off easy, this is a warning." I reply with "How fast was I going?" Because really there is no way I was going THAT fast and then I quickly realized that was not a smart move and shutup and kindly took the ticket and said " have a nice day"
Okay...so Mom and Dad, no "I told ya so's" or anything like that. I really don't speed like I did when I was 19 and 20, who said going 5 - 10 kms over the speed limit was a bad thing?!?!!?
So, with the scare of the other day, I have slowed down considerably and boy does my cruise control come in handy!
Tomorrow afternoon Chris and I are heading to watch the Lions play Saskatchewan! Today we went out and found a stellar deal at Winners for two plain bright orange shirts. We went everywhere and were very unlucky, who would have thought it woudl be that hard to find orange shirts anyways! We then proceeded to the mall to get sometheing put on these beautiful bright shirts.....I won't tell you what yet......but you'll like it!!!!!
More pictures to come later!
Hope you are all enjoying your weekend! Off to watch more Canucks!


2 Comments:
Hey - it can happen to the best of us... a good reminder to me to watch my speed. Love ya Momsey
It's really too bad that the Canucks lost though :(
(in a sarcastic voice) The better team did win!
Lynnea :)
Post a Comment
<< Home