Off to the Island
This week as flown by! Thank goodness! We are off to the island tomorrow to spend the weekend with my parents and my brothers! I am so excited. Its the first time we will all be together in a very long time...and all together over on the island. I can't wait! It almost feels like Christmas Eve as a kid, when you're so excited about Santa coming that you just can't sleep!
Brandon has been coming over more often lately and is really enjoying being at our place, even though its so small. For those of you who don't know Brandon; he is a boy that I have worked with for over 6 years. I started with him when he was about 2.5 years old as a practicum student with the Child Development Centre and then started working with him in his behavioural program and I have been around ever since. Brandon turns 9 years old in June!! Over the years Brandon's parents started having me take him out for respite, they get to go for dinner or a movie together once in awhile and Brandon gets to get out of the house and do what he loves best "shopping." He most often joins me on my grocery shopping or when I am running errands and he loves it to pieces! This year I have started taking him to do my laundry and he sits calmly watching the dryers spin in circles and is very well behaved! Of course, usually somewhere in there we are stopping for his usual McDonald's snack. Since I started dating Chris, Brandon really enjoys respite most when Chris is with us. He has become more aware, will smile, laugh, and try and crawl all over Chris, almost like he is trying to get him to rough-house. It's so cute. I almost think Brandon likes Chris more than me, but thats okay...I think Chris is pretty sweet himself! The other night Chris was studying and was very quiet and Brandon kept starring at him almost like he was thinking to himself "why is that fool so quiet tonight? what's his problem!!!" Chris would look up and say "Hiiiii Brandon or Hey bud" and Brandon would smile, cover his face with the blanket and laugh. How cute!
The most recent "new" thing is Brandon watching hockey with Chris. I caught some pictures the other night and it was so cute. I will post them later.
Hope everyone enjoys their weekend. I will take lots of pictures and share them next week.
Brandon has been coming over more often lately and is really enjoying being at our place, even though its so small. For those of you who don't know Brandon; he is a boy that I have worked with for over 6 years. I started with him when he was about 2.5 years old as a practicum student with the Child Development Centre and then started working with him in his behavioural program and I have been around ever since. Brandon turns 9 years old in June!! Over the years Brandon's parents started having me take him out for respite, they get to go for dinner or a movie together once in awhile and Brandon gets to get out of the house and do what he loves best "shopping." He most often joins me on my grocery shopping or when I am running errands and he loves it to pieces! This year I have started taking him to do my laundry and he sits calmly watching the dryers spin in circles and is very well behaved! Of course, usually somewhere in there we are stopping for his usual McDonald's snack. Since I started dating Chris, Brandon really enjoys respite most when Chris is with us. He has become more aware, will smile, laugh, and try and crawl all over Chris, almost like he is trying to get him to rough-house. It's so cute. I almost think Brandon likes Chris more than me, but thats okay...I think Chris is pretty sweet himself! The other night Chris was studying and was very quiet and Brandon kept starring at him almost like he was thinking to himself "why is that fool so quiet tonight? what's his problem!!!" Chris would look up and say "Hiiiii Brandon or Hey bud" and Brandon would smile, cover his face with the blanket and laugh. How cute!
The most recent "new" thing is Brandon watching hockey with Chris. I caught some pictures the other night and it was so cute. I will post them later.
Hope everyone enjoys their weekend. I will take lots of pictures and share them next week.


2 Comments:
What a beautiful relationship you have with Brandon. Truly inspiring.
Have fun on the island. Glad things are going well for you. That's wonderful that Brandon and Chris get along so well :)Take care.
Post a Comment
<< Home