Weekend get away
Like most people in the East Fraser Valley, we woke up to snow sprinkling the ground at 5:00 am on Friday morning. Chris went into work for a few hours and I got up and started packing and tidying the house. By 10 am, the sun was shining beautifully and it was time to pull out the sunglasses.
At the moment, I am sitting up in my Mom's bunkie writing this post. The bunkie is her room over the garage, which I posted some pictures of back a few months ago.
Chelsey is sitting on the stairs in the breezeway which go up to the bunkie. To the right of the picture there is a door that goes into the garage. Chelsey made that sign for my Mom and its so cute! She did a great job!


As a write, Chris is still in bed and the house is quiet with only my Mom, me and the dog awake (actually she's managed to fall asleep on the couch up here!). My Dad left early this morning to drop TJ, Chels, and Brad off at the ferry. TJ and Chelsey have to catch a bus in Langley at 3:00 to get home to Kelowna tonight and they are all being picked up by my grandparents on the other side (to have a bit of a visit in the car as they go!)
Our trip to the island, as usual, has been very relaxing and a great time with family. It never seems long enough though. We decided on Friday to take the ferry from Horseshoe bay rather than the longer trip from Tsawassen. This cuts off 30 minutes on the ferry trip and basically the same drive to my parents place once you hit the island. Well, it turns out our ferry was 30 minutes late leaving the dock, followed by a very slow trip along the water. The weather was beautiful, but I am always so anxious to get to the other side and get our little get-a-way started. Needless to say, I was a bit annoyed at the fact that we were moving along like turtles. What ever happened to those Fast Cat ferries anyways?!?!?! Since the sun was shining beautifully, we decided to take the more scenic trip to Comox along the water; passing through Qualicum Beach, Deep Bay, Fanny Bay, Royston, and Comox-Strathcona District. I forgot to take pictures, but I promise to post some the next time we come through that way.
When we arrived, my Dad was busily working on the pergola and it looks amazing! (This is one of the earlier pictures from the week, I will take one and post it later before we leave)
Chris quickly jumped in and started helping a bit as there were only a few hours before the sun went down. It was a good thing because the rain started to come down on Saturday morning and I think my Dad is happy with the progress he made on his week off. It looks great!
Chelsey helped change the flower beds a bit too, so they are more narrow then before and they planted some flowers for fun. Spring is coming!! In only a few months we will be back and maybe able to enjoy some afternoons sitting outside on the deck!

On Thursday morning when I called the house to talk to my Mom, she was telling me about this hen that had come to their house and was visiting. They were feeding it shredded wheat and corn and it actually decided it wanted to stick around. Jessie of course found this quite entertaining. I guess it decided to spend the night under the front deck and on Friday it showed up again and was injured. So, the first hour of our time here at the house was spent trying to find the owner of this Hen or someone what would come and pick the thing up because it was limping and in pain. My Mom managed to find someone who agreed to come get her and she went to live on their farm. "We saved Henrietta!"
See how one of her legs is up? She literally would not move very far because every time she did she limped and her leg would shake. Poor thing.....

We have had an enjoyable time as always in the Comox Valley with my family. We managed to squeeze in a short visit with Dorothy and Bill out at Hidden Springs and spent time together watching movies, eating yummy meals, and just joking around.
I'll leave you with a few more pictures before I sign off:


At the moment, I am sitting up in my Mom's bunkie writing this post. The bunkie is her room over the garage, which I posted some pictures of back a few months ago.
Chelsey is sitting on the stairs in the breezeway which go up to the bunkie. To the right of the picture there is a door that goes into the garage. Chelsey made that sign for my Mom and its so cute! She did a great job!


As a write, Chris is still in bed and the house is quiet with only my Mom, me and the dog awake (actually she's managed to fall asleep on the couch up here!). My Dad left early this morning to drop TJ, Chels, and Brad off at the ferry. TJ and Chelsey have to catch a bus in Langley at 3:00 to get home to Kelowna tonight and they are all being picked up by my grandparents on the other side (to have a bit of a visit in the car as they go!)
Our trip to the island, as usual, has been very relaxing and a great time with family. It never seems long enough though. We decided on Friday to take the ferry from Horseshoe bay rather than the longer trip from Tsawassen. This cuts off 30 minutes on the ferry trip and basically the same drive to my parents place once you hit the island. Well, it turns out our ferry was 30 minutes late leaving the dock, followed by a very slow trip along the water. The weather was beautiful, but I am always so anxious to get to the other side and get our little get-a-way started. Needless to say, I was a bit annoyed at the fact that we were moving along like turtles. What ever happened to those Fast Cat ferries anyways?!?!?! Since the sun was shining beautifully, we decided to take the more scenic trip to Comox along the water; passing through Qualicum Beach, Deep Bay, Fanny Bay, Royston, and Comox-Strathcona District. I forgot to take pictures, but I promise to post some the next time we come through that way.
When we arrived, my Dad was busily working on the pergola and it looks amazing! (This is one of the earlier pictures from the week, I will take one and post it later before we leave)
Chris quickly jumped in and started helping a bit as there were only a few hours before the sun went down. It was a good thing because the rain started to come down on Saturday morning and I think my Dad is happy with the progress he made on his week off. It looks great!Chelsey helped change the flower beds a bit too, so they are more narrow then before and they planted some flowers for fun. Spring is coming!! In only a few months we will be back and maybe able to enjoy some afternoons sitting outside on the deck!

On Thursday morning when I called the house to talk to my Mom, she was telling me about this hen that had come to their house and was visiting. They were feeding it shredded wheat and corn and it actually decided it wanted to stick around. Jessie of course found this quite entertaining. I guess it decided to spend the night under the front deck and on Friday it showed up again and was injured. So, the first hour of our time here at the house was spent trying to find the owner of this Hen or someone what would come and pick the thing up because it was limping and in pain. My Mom managed to find someone who agreed to come get her and she went to live on their farm. "We saved Henrietta!"
See how one of her legs is up? She literally would not move very far because every time she did she limped and her leg would shake. Poor thing.....

We have had an enjoyable time as always in the Comox Valley with my family. We managed to squeeze in a short visit with Dorothy and Bill out at Hidden Springs and spent time together watching movies, eating yummy meals, and just joking around.
I'll leave you with a few more pictures before I sign off:




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home