The Big Day is Nearing....
Grad is only a few days away. I think I am starting to get excited and actually feeling like I have accomplished something huge. My coursework ended in April, but for some reason it hasn't felt like its actually done, that I'm actually going to graduate. Years ago it seemed like it was forever away! The celebration started this weekend when we celebrated Chris and Sam's birthday and I was given a gift too. His grandma picked out the new style of Charm braclets called Pandora's Jewelry I did a quick search on the web and found this site. They are really cool! So although it wasn't seeming like grad was coming, this definatley started the ball rolling. And then last night my husband came home with a huge smile on his face when he walked through the door. First off, he was home on time AGAIN! Then, he proceeded to write on our chalkboard the following..." 1/10 days of celebration for Grad"........ He said he had been thinking all day about the hours and hours of my time I spent in school including 7.5 years of torture and how he didn't want me to not feel like it was a time to celebrate and have grad just pass by without much thought. So what does this mean you ask? My husband has granted the next 9 days for celebrating. Last night it was with my favourite bottle of Champagne from Summerhill Winery in Kelowna (I feel in love with it on our honeymoon when we did the tours in the OK!) and tonight - - who knows?!?!?!!! He's so funny - - - and I have to admit, I am definatley starting to get excited about the big walk across the stage and reuniting with the other students in my program. It sounds like they are all going out on Thursday evening, Chris and I will definatley be in on that! I'm starting to get butterfly's just thinking about it! Now its time to think about how the weather has to be just slightly overcast with a breeze to prevent overheating in those silly grad costumes!!!


7 Comments:
SOOOOO exciting. I am so glad for you. Waht an exciting time in your life. It must feel so awesome to have finished your schooling after so many years. I can't imagine being in school for that long :) 12 years was enough for me :) Well actually maybe one day I'll go back, not sure what I'm going to do once William hits school. I know time will fly by too quickly.
Your hubby is such a sweet heart. That soooo romantic of him.
My dearest daughter..
How proud we are of you. I didn't even graduate from high school and here you are and accomplished university graduate. After reading your post tonite - I really think you married the best guy in the world. How wonderful he is to think about you like that. We love you Chris - thank you for loving our daughter so much. Momsey
Congrats on the graduation :) After all the hard work you have done it is well deserved. Hopefully, if it all works out I'll get to celebrate with you next Saturday. Have fun at the ceremony and you better get a picture of you in that 'silly grad costume.' I expect to see a picture on your blog!!
Little Katie are you coming for dinner on Saturday?
I certainly am!! Wouldn't want to miss the special night :)
Yay for graduating! Congratulations!
Post a Comment
<< Home