Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The HEAT is not my friend!

Many of you that know me (especially my parents and husband) will know that I am not a fan of this kinda heat we have been having. Now don't get me wrong, I love the sunshine and the beauty of this weather, but the heat exhausts me and I just don't function properly in this unbearable humidity. I'm not sure why that is, but I just can't handle it. Yesterday I thought I was going to die. All I did when I got home was lay on the couch for hours until it cooled down enough to clean the house and make something to eat. Praise the Lord for fans! Last night I stuck the fan literally right beside me on the nightstand and I had a fantastic sleep! It was difficult to fall asleep knowing the windows are open and Chris isn't home and we are on the ground floor. I feel somewhat safe with all the nights and people around us, what I guess you just never know. I think I'm a wimp sometimes!

Today didn't seem so hot out. I got through the day much easier than yesterday. Chris is working another late night tonight and I can't decide what I want to do. I could go out with a friend or two for coffee and a visit, or I could enjoy this time to myself and stay home. I think the later is looking much more appealing. Although I am a total people person and I love to surround myself with noise and human contact, I find I need to make concious choices to be in quiet with myself because if I don't I'm burnt out by the end of the week.

The at work are all doing well. I am loving working out in Chilliwack. I have great families and homes to work in. Can't ask for much more!

This weekend was awesome. I picked up Brandon on Saturday morning for respite for the day and we went to watch Chris' baseball games. He played so well! Then we headed out to Vancouver airport to watch the airplanes come in and take off. It was super cool how closely they fly over you while they are landing on the South Terminal. I loved it! In the evening we had Rachel and Peter over for a BBQ and visit. I of course passed out while watching TV (sorry guys!) I was just so pooped from the busy day.

Sunday was a day of errands and getting things done. We washed our cars, inside and out, together. It was alot of fun. Chris wanted to teach me to drive standard so I agreed knowing that it would make him very happy. Of course this was just in a parking lot, but still, I just don't think I'm patient enough. Then you add on the fact that he doesn't have power steering and my patients is surely out the window. Or perhaps its the fact that I don't really WANT to learn. Either way - - - - I don't think I will try again for awhile. Thanks honey for the lesson though, you're a great teacher and very encouraging! Sunday late afternoon Chris suprised me in saying he wanted to take me out for dinner. We went to White Rock, ate at Carribean Breeze (good ol' entertainment book coupons! come in handy!) and enjoyed the heat, followed by a beautiful walk on the beach where my shoes TORE APART the tops of my feet. YUCKUS! SO needless to say I'm in a bit of pain because of that and considering returning the shoes since they are not feet friendly!

I have been feeling guilty about not posting much latley. I promise to be better at it! My Mom's daily blogs sure are inspiring!

Only a few more weeks until our first anniversary and trip to the island!

Hope you're all doing well!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherry (Mama Stew) said...

Hey Kate,
Nice chat up today. It was great to hear about your weekend and all the fun stuff you did.. haha Chris teaching Kate to drive standard. I vote for 'give up that idea'. haha Yes we were thinking about you in the heat - oh be thankful you don't live back east. You would most certainly parish. Love ya Momsey.

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No worries hon, it was just great to see you guys!

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home