Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Water Issues

For those of you who have been closely following our water issues, I bring you news! We finally had a plumber come out this morning and the landlord tells us that after over an hour of checking things out that it is a CITY meter issue. Our neighbours don't have this problem, just us. The meter at the driveway of the house is not turning when the water is turned on the the house. Oh yes, and our lovely city is still stricking. I have been in conversation with this nice Australian man from the City and he is doing his best to help us get someone out there, but I doubt it's going to be anytime soon. I would be surprised if it was even this week. I am thankful that the weather has cooled down a bit. The water was really bad over the weekend and we couldn't shower or anything. We were on shower restrictions, not nice when all you want to do in clean yourself off. Yesterday morning I literally had the water turned on and NOTHING was coming out. How horrible. I was getting pretty frustrated, so I threw up a prayer "Please God. All I want is to be clean for work today" and SOME water came out! Praise the Lord. It still wasn't great, but I was able to at least wash the hair and my parts. Hope that wasn't too much information,....you'll get over it!

Anyways, enough about that. I'm off to work for the rest of the day. Just wanted to post quickly as I will probably be tired by the time I get home tonight.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I am glad to hear that they've figured out the problem and can fix it. I do hope that the city stops striking soon, or at least someone comes and fixes it pronto.
Our shower is always available if you need it hon.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Catrina said...

Will be praying that your water situation will be resolved VERY soon :)

7:04 PM  
Blogger Sherry (Mama Stew) said...

That must have been very wierd to turn on your tap and have 'No Water' coming out. I can't even imagine. I guess that makes our rotten egg smellin well water not seem so bad right about now. At least I can have a shower every morning. It's a little gross when your doing dishes standing over it though. Momsey

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home