Monday, August 07, 2006

Friday Fiasco to Weekend Plans...

Friday morning comes and I am fighting off somewhat of a stomach flu for the second day in a row, thanks to my husband!! It was not a good morning, I think I saw the clock every hour. You know that feeling when all you try to do is calm your body down MORE so it will go back to sleep and stay sleeping until the dreadful alarm rings. Well, it didn't quite go as planned. I did see the clock almost every hour and I was up bright and early with major stomach cramps. NICE! Not only was I not feeling well, but Friday was also a very tough day at work. I think I spent most of the day in a fog after a huge incident in the morning. sheesh, don't like days like that. Thank goodness the long weekend was soon to arrive and some restful time was in the waitings.
What happened? I was made privy by a co-worker about a client talking to her about me in a slanderous way. At which point I also learned the co-worker said nothing to back up me, her fellow supervisor and co-worker. How upsetting! I think I cried for over an hour, letting the tears out seemed to help a bit but what really got me the most was the fact this conversation was started by the parents who are Christians and also involved a fellow Christian co-worker. I have had many awesome conversations with these people and our work together with their son has been really amazing, I felt so hurt and deceived by their words and actions.
I won't share details of what was said, but what I do know through conversation with my supervisor and other team members working with this family is that the mother's comments were not only completley 100% false and not accurate, but also sabotaging to our team and our repoire with one another. I felt totally offended, hurt, insulted, broken, and flabbergasted at the remarks which were made and how untrue they were. Yet, I am in a position of professionalism, this is my job. How do I stand up for myself as a person but also manage the other side which is the utter ethics of my work. I felt a total clash between my personal ethics and values and my professional principles and morales. How can I continue to work in this families home knowing that there is backstabbing and gossiping happening? When in fact the most important part of our work with their child is TEAM? Man....what a brutal situation. I won't share the ending to this story as it has not been dealt with yet. I am praying alot about what I should do. How God would have me handle myself in this situation and also where the company feels this type of manner should be handled. I know there is an answer in it all and I know God's will and purpose will be done, I'm just waiting......there are always answers in waiting. Please pray for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home