1 day to go
Wow, has it really been this long since I last posted?
What new you might ask?
Well, I spent 6 hours today cleaning and organizing my office. Man am I ever glad I am going to have an office somewhere other than in our spare bedroom. The office wasn't overly disastrous, it was just all the paperwork I had to file, cabinets to clean out, and organizing to do. I finally got it done and boy does it feel good.
For those of you who don't know, my new job doesn't actually start until this Tuesday. There was some paperwork that the office had to get in order, which postponed me starting by 1 week. At first I was very disappointed, but actually, it has worked out really well! I had more time to get some things done for work and to properly transition my cases to the two girls who are taking over for me. I am still going to be staying on with a few clients at Pivot Point, but in the next 2 months I will decide if I can manage the small caseload or if it is becoming too much. The families I work with have been extremely supportive and understanding.
Last Monday Chris went into work and on a whim took the rest of the week off for holiday time. I think he quite enjoyed himself, considering I was still working each day, he got to sleep in and just hang out. He deserved it! I had a lovely, home cooked meal every night except Tuesday, when he was out at his class and writing his first exam. We aren't sure that I will get paid holiday time off this summer, so we decided that instead we will take long weekends here and there where we can. It will work out well, seen as how my job is a 4 day week and flex time.
Where has today gone? We slept in late, late for us being after 10am, then watched a few movies, cleaned the house and I spent the rest of the day in my office.
We are still looking for a new place to live. I'm not sure where we will end up, but we are open to as far West as Langley. It would be nice to be closer to my grandparents and relatives and it would be a decent commute for both Chris and I to work. Anyways, we are looking and praying, but haven't handed in our notice yet......the right place will come at the right time.
Tomorrow is my last day of full time work at Pivot Point. I'm very excited about starting my new job on Tuesday. Lots to learn and it's sure going to be a change of pace for me. I'm sure I will adjust and get use to it....eventually.
Well, I should sign off for now and finish up this pile of work I have sitting infront of me.
What new you might ask?
Well, I spent 6 hours today cleaning and organizing my office. Man am I ever glad I am going to have an office somewhere other than in our spare bedroom. The office wasn't overly disastrous, it was just all the paperwork I had to file, cabinets to clean out, and organizing to do. I finally got it done and boy does it feel good.
For those of you who don't know, my new job doesn't actually start until this Tuesday. There was some paperwork that the office had to get in order, which postponed me starting by 1 week. At first I was very disappointed, but actually, it has worked out really well! I had more time to get some things done for work and to properly transition my cases to the two girls who are taking over for me. I am still going to be staying on with a few clients at Pivot Point, but in the next 2 months I will decide if I can manage the small caseload or if it is becoming too much. The families I work with have been extremely supportive and understanding.
Last Monday Chris went into work and on a whim took the rest of the week off for holiday time. I think he quite enjoyed himself, considering I was still working each day, he got to sleep in and just hang out. He deserved it! I had a lovely, home cooked meal every night except Tuesday, when he was out at his class and writing his first exam. We aren't sure that I will get paid holiday time off this summer, so we decided that instead we will take long weekends here and there where we can. It will work out well, seen as how my job is a 4 day week and flex time.
Where has today gone? We slept in late, late for us being after 10am, then watched a few movies, cleaned the house and I spent the rest of the day in my office.
We are still looking for a new place to live. I'm not sure where we will end up, but we are open to as far West as Langley. It would be nice to be closer to my grandparents and relatives and it would be a decent commute for both Chris and I to work. Anyways, we are looking and praying, but haven't handed in our notice yet......the right place will come at the right time.
Tomorrow is my last day of full time work at Pivot Point. I'm very excited about starting my new job on Tuesday. Lots to learn and it's sure going to be a change of pace for me. I'm sure I will adjust and get use to it....eventually.
Well, I should sign off for now and finish up this pile of work I have sitting infront of me.


3 Comments:
Enjoy your first day of your new job tomorrow Kate. We will be thinking about you. Love mom and dad
Wow, sounds like some exciting new transitions. Good luck with the new job.
Hey Katie! Congrats on the new job! I'm sure you are very excited. Change is always good!
Post a Comment
<< Home