Thursday, March 01, 2007

Good News!

The secret is out and it's time to share it with all my fellow bloggers (including you stalkers as well)

I HAVE A NEW JOB! I start Tuesday, March 13th and I am so excited! I handed in my resignation letter today, it was a difficult thing to do. I know that my boss has read it, but I haven't heard from him yet. I have been at my current workplace for almost 4 years and love the work I do, but lately I have found that its become far to life consuming and I'm working lots of hours, not all of which I am compensated for. Often I find myself working from the moment I get up until the moment I fall asleep, with no boundaries created for me as employee to ensure my self care and downtime. I have tried to create it on my own, but its been so difficult without the provision of work cell phones or computers that can turn off at the end of the day. My personal cell phone rings off the hook, non-stop and on weekends. I mean, I love my job, but everyone needs a break once in awhile and with my promotion in the company a year ago, its just gotten progressively worse. Maybe too its the fact that I got married and my values changed or made me more aware of how my work was interfering with my personal life and relationships. I am excited about this new adventure, a new job, a new start and a normal pace of life.

God is so good!

Now I just have to get in there and try and set up my office!! Yipppeee!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't be more happy for you.
Congrats again hon, you deserve it!

*hugs*
Love
Rachel & Peter

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is exciting that you found a new job... however, and i need to be honest, i thought you were going to say that you're pregnant... sooo... although it's exciting... i was a little disappointed. give me a while, and i'm sure i'll come around... lol... congratulations!

9:38 PM  
Blogger The Lamoureux's said...

LOL, Allison. Nope, that news is going to have to wait awhile. Chris and I still enjoying our time together and are a bit selfish about wanting to give that up too soon. Maybe in the next 5 years, we'll see.

You'll get over it!!! ;)
So glad that you stop in to see whats new~

9:08 AM  
Blogger L&D said...

Congrats on a new change. Looking forward to some new stories.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Congrats on the new job! thanks for the text message the other day! my phone has not been allowing me to send text messages and i was gone for a week, so sorry for the delay! but i definitely think we need to hang out soon!! i actually discovered a place that has even better chocolate croissants.. like amazingly good. wow.. i want some now! haha.. we still have to go play bingo too! the other day i heard the song 'saddle up your horses' and started laughing thinking of OOOOHHHHHH loudly on the metro!

9:32 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Hi Katie,
Congrats on the new job. fkfedrau@shaw.ca is our new email address.

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay... i'm over it... lol...

and kelvin and i are NOT planning on living in alberta forever. this makes me smile when i have to shovel four feet of snow... which i just did this past saturday. have you ever had to hire someone to come in and shovel your driveway because it was so deep? lol... i cannot wait to get back into bc. we're just waiting for our place to sell then we're hoping to build in salmon arm!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Hey Katie!! Congrats on the job. When you going to call me? fkfedrau@shaw.ca is our new email.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home