Saturday, August 12, 2006

Airshow Weekend

I was just looking in at the last time I posted and I realize I didn't post anything all week. The days seem to be mixing into the next with how busy I have been latley. It's a good kind of busy with meetings and getting to know my new position. I haven't found it to be a huge learning curve, although trying to get others to play nicely has been a struggle. I guess it comes with the territory of the job.

This morning I woke up to the smell of curry coming from outside. Turns out our neighbours are having a huge engagement party tonight. How exciting! I love peeking in on the fesitivities and checking out the traditions, dancing/singing, and beautiful clothing worn by the women! More to come on that later....

Thursday and Friday were difficult days for some of the kids living in Abbotsford that I work with. When the airplanes were flying, especially the big gets, they were so loud and the kids had no idea where the noise was coming from and they were totally freaked out and scared. It was sad to watch because it really is an incredibly frightening situation for them and they don't understand it at all. I wonder how they will cope over the weekend with the planes going non-stop. One of my families were brillant enough to plan a weekend away to avoid the noise and confusion for their son. Smart parents.

Chris is off to work today doing inventory. I have been piddling around the house, washed my car inside and out, did some work from my office here at home, and now I'm cleaning the house. Can you tell? Hrm, maybe a slight bit of procrastination happening! Then I'm off to do laundry, grocery shop and meet up with my hubby to go visit my Mom who has been in town for most of the week and I still haven't seen her!

The house has been quiet this morning, which is perhaps just what I needed after a busy and hectic week of work, phone calls, emails, and fighting with our agency website to allow me to do my work from home. I often get to the end of my day and realize I have barely had any time for myself, my thoughts, and my emotions. It's an odd feeling, I just go and go and go and before I know it its Friday night and I'm exhausted, drained, feel like I have nothing left to give. Yet, God is faithful and he lifts me up and carrys me, giving me renewed strength for each and every day. Thank you God for rest, renewing of my mind, and peace which only comes from you. In the quietness of my home this morning I am overwhelemed by the love of the Father. Each day I am renewed, its through his strength I can handle the many situations I encounter at work, with parents, children, and care teams. I have experienced such a renewed sense of the Fathers love for me today and what a blessing and encouragement it is to my heart. How he has kept me safe and continues to go before me in these new endeavours in my professional and personal life. Nothing I encounter is too much for me because he will never give me more than I can handle. What an amazing thought that one is! My heart is overwhelmed this morning in how good He has been to us in the past year in our marriage, our workplaces, and our relationships. We are certainly blessed. I am blessed. God is so good!

To my husband, Chris, I adore you. Your love for me and commitment to our marriage I cherish greatly and hold close to my heart. Each day we spend together as husband and wife I fall more in love with you that words alone cannot grasp, nor express the true and deep feelings of my heart. You make me proud to be your wife and to walk this life with you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

katie!! we have to do something together soon!! call me! or i'll call you! we still have to do bingo! i have the next few weeks off before school starts, so my schedule is pretty wide open!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Sherry (Mama Stew) said...

Hi honey. I love to read about your day and your thoughts. You do such a great job of putting them in writing. I hope Chris reads all the lovely things you say about him. God Bless you both. Love Momsey

12:42 AM  
Blogger Catrina said...

The jets do get quite loud, that's for sure. I know Greg would have loved to be there. You haven't posted in a while, how are things going? Busy I'm sure :)And how about some pictures too :)

9:51 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

KATIE!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home