Weekend Plans....
I just realized after sitting down from an awesome weekend spent with eachother and with family that I never took any pictures this weekend. How dare I? Since the last email was pretty intense and long I decided to split these two up.
How was everyones weekend?
Saturday I went to work in the morning to meet a new family then picked up Brandon and headed off to Agrifair with Chris in hand! It was alot of fun, but very overwhleming for our little friend. So many things happened, lots of people, noises, and smells coming from everywhere. Talk about brain overload. Oh yes, and I didn't mention how hot it was either down there on the fair grounds. We were there for about 3 hours and then decided to drop Brandon off at home. Chris and I love spending time with him, but we like our time together too! We headed back to our place, Chris made a yummy dinner and we watched a movie on TV and went to bed really early. I think we managed to get 10 hours of sleep!! We never sleep that long but it sure was a nice treat!
Sunday we went down to the Festival of the Seas. We have never gone down during the day so we decided to go check it out. Parked in the free parking on the RES, gotta love having family down in White Rock. We walked the beach and checked out the booths and shows. It was a great walk and good exercise for the day! Then we headed back to the Semiahoo First Nation Salmon BBQ booth at East Beach and helped out the family. We got right in there, taking orders, cleaning dishes and running around like wild people. It was a blast! My two sister in laws were there too! I love it when I get to hang out with those girls! Samantha is 19 and Leann is turning 11, it was fun to work with them and help my new family out. Chris and I had a great time and it meant alot to him but to me too to help out the Band.Everyone was so impressed with the traditional cooked salmon and fried bread. Its funny to watch people ask what the fried bread is, some of them though it was the salmon and others just looked at it with this disgusted look on their face, hey, but once they tried it they were hooked. I had people coming back for more and more and more. There was this one woman who everytime I turned around she was back for more~! Hilarious. You would think these people hadn't eaten in days.
Oh yes, perhaps one of the best was the lady who was asking me about what our "groups" name was. I respond, "Semiahmoo First Nation," she says, "what was that name again?" I say, "Semiahmoo" She says, "Oh thats so strange, its hard to say, so you spell it with a 'y' and a moooo at the end" I say, " Umm, yes *nod* *nod*" I still don't know what she was so intrigued by. Oh well, whatever floats your boat lady!
Monday, today, I worked for a few hours in the morning. Came home and we headed out to Granville Island to enjoy the BC Day festivities. The sun was shining and it was hot, not much breeze down there today, but a fabulous day spent with my husband. Now we're home, the car is washed and its time to relax with a glass of wine. Happy BC Day everyone!
How was everyones weekend?
Saturday I went to work in the morning to meet a new family then picked up Brandon and headed off to Agrifair with Chris in hand! It was alot of fun, but very overwhleming for our little friend. So many things happened, lots of people, noises, and smells coming from everywhere. Talk about brain overload. Oh yes, and I didn't mention how hot it was either down there on the fair grounds. We were there for about 3 hours and then decided to drop Brandon off at home. Chris and I love spending time with him, but we like our time together too! We headed back to our place, Chris made a yummy dinner and we watched a movie on TV and went to bed really early. I think we managed to get 10 hours of sleep!! We never sleep that long but it sure was a nice treat!
Sunday we went down to the Festival of the Seas. We have never gone down during the day so we decided to go check it out. Parked in the free parking on the RES, gotta love having family down in White Rock. We walked the beach and checked out the booths and shows. It was a great walk and good exercise for the day! Then we headed back to the Semiahoo First Nation Salmon BBQ booth at East Beach and helped out the family. We got right in there, taking orders, cleaning dishes and running around like wild people. It was a blast! My two sister in laws were there too! I love it when I get to hang out with those girls! Samantha is 19 and Leann is turning 11, it was fun to work with them and help my new family out. Chris and I had a great time and it meant alot to him but to me too to help out the Band.Everyone was so impressed with the traditional cooked salmon and fried bread. Its funny to watch people ask what the fried bread is, some of them though it was the salmon and others just looked at it with this disgusted look on their face, hey, but once they tried it they were hooked. I had people coming back for more and more and more. There was this one woman who everytime I turned around she was back for more~! Hilarious. You would think these people hadn't eaten in days.
Oh yes, perhaps one of the best was the lady who was asking me about what our "groups" name was. I respond, "Semiahmoo First Nation," she says, "what was that name again?" I say, "Semiahmoo" She says, "Oh thats so strange, its hard to say, so you spell it with a 'y' and a moooo at the end" I say, " Umm, yes *nod* *nod*" I still don't know what she was so intrigued by. Oh well, whatever floats your boat lady!
Monday, today, I worked for a few hours in the morning. Came home and we headed out to Granville Island to enjoy the BC Day festivities. The sun was shining and it was hot, not much breeze down there today, but a fabulous day spent with my husband. Now we're home, the car is washed and its time to relax with a glass of wine. Happy BC Day everyone!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home